Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Amazing Days!!!

I am sitting in downtown Jackson Hole, Wyoming and I was able to find an unsecured internet access point. The others are shopping but I thought I'd take a chance at a quick post. We have been having an absolute blast since joining up with the Scouts. We have toured Flaming Gorge Dam, seen tons of wildlife...moose this morning right near our campsite, longhorn desert sheep at lunch yesterday, another buffalo but further away, a bald eagle on today's rafting trip. We have seen so much. The car got a flat tire a few days ago. It was the same tire that had trouble before but this time there was a four inch nail in it. The great thing is that the trouble was noticed at camp and we were able to find an open garage at 8:30 PM on a Sunday to get the tire fixed. Let me explain the pictures. The first is a picture of the Flaming Gorge Dam while it was under construction. The second is the sheep.The third is Nathan just before being attacked. That was the most scared face he could make. The next photo is a group shot overlooking the Red River Canyon. The one right before the horses is the view from my tent Near Jackson Hole The horse pictures are from a ride we took this morning. The ride lasted two hours and took us to a beatiful scenic overlook. Nathan had a scare when his saddle slipped to the side and he had to jump off of the horse. He was a real trooper and handled it without concern. I would have been completely freaked out but he is very brave. After the horse ride, we had a great lunch and then went white water rafting on the Snake River. The trip down the river was the best rafting I have ever experienced. Our guide was excellent and made it a lot of fun for those in my boat. The water temp was 52 degrees and a few of the boys jumped in for a quick dip. It is proving difficult to find the time or the access to blog since we stay on the move all day long and then after a good night's sleep are off o the next adventure. Tomorrow morning we are taking a cable car to the top of a mountain and then in the afternoon going out on a boat on Lake Jenny. Sorry is this so scattered but I am happy to finally be able to post something. I'll post again when I can.








































































No comments: