Friday, July 18, 2008

A Quick Post from Cody, Wyoming

I'm standing at a kiosk in the Buffalo Bill Museum and there is no USB port so I can't add any photos, but I can give a lightning fast update. The day after the white water rafting and horseback riding we took a gondola ride to the top of the Tetons and visited Teton Village. The view from the top was amazing. It snowed two weeks ago so we had a bit of a snowball fight.

After that we took a boat ride on Jenny Lake and hiked to the Hidden Falls. I thought we'd never find them!! The falls were amazing, and I can't wait to post some photos. On the way to Jenny Falls we drove through a herd of buffalo that were crossing the road. There were hundreds of them. It was awesome.

Yesterday we drove to Yellowstone National Park. We saw Old Faithful and some hot springs. I took a video of a mini-geyser that was spouting steam and water about ten feet high. When we asked the ranger she was incredulous that we had seen it going off. She has worked there for two years and although it erupts sporadically she has never seen it. I'll post the video (and a video of Old Faithful) when I get to a hotel closer to the end of the month.

We're going to the Cody Rodeo for dinner and to see the cowboys. It sounds like fun and the kids can't wait. Tomorrow we're spending the day travelling around Yellowstone and the next day we head to the Boy Scout camp at Bear Lake in Utah. The irony is there are bears near where we are camping in Yellowstone but there are none at Bear Lake. I have two more nights to worry about a night time visit from a bear but the rangers say if we follow the rules we'll be fine. That's it for now....more later....with pictures.

PS I was having a little difficulty with a kidney stone, but I think the problem has passed

1 comment:

mom said...

Back from england and off to Rhode island and MA in early am. Sounds as though you are having a fabulous trip! Love Mom